Saturday, November 23, 2019
Inserting Images
This is a photo of my pet seals Jemima, Eric and Barry. They are pictured here swimming off Clovelly beach. I have uploaded this photo from my home screen background photo.
Whilst this photo was simply uploaded from my computer, you can add photos many other ways. For example, I can quite easily upload a photo from a URL that I know, such as the URL for my google slide presentation. However, one must be very wary of copyright laws whilst doing this ;
The photo above is not really taken by me, and they aren't my seals. I could go to gaol, or I could defend myself in court using the copyright 'parody, research and private study only' card. Either way, it is always important to be aware of copyright boundaries.
I have inserted a second image in my post 'Image of Henri Rousseau Painting'' ; that photo is one I took of a painting that was on display in the art gallery of NSW. Again, copyright laws may well be pushed by me reposing it on a blog. Although the painter did die over 100 years ago, the legalities here are a little uncertain. The best bet is to stick with Creative Commons where you know you are safe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Recommended tools for social media engagement
Facebook - Due to the scope and popularity of Facebook, I think a library could benefit greatly from having its own Facebook page. It...
-
Facebook - Due to the scope and popularity of Facebook, I think a library could benefit greatly from having its own Facebook page. It...
-
I chose this bright green/blue template and colour scheme because it is positive and happy! I also added a view design variations, like put...
-
Facebook at Waverley library - The Facebook link on the library homepage takes a person to https://www.facebook.com/WhatsOnWaverley The lib...

No comments:
Post a Comment